Herdin Record #:
Level of work performance of nurse orientees of Mother Seton Hospital
|Graduate School - Ateneo de Naga University
This study sought to identify the level of work performance of the nurse orintees of Mother Seton Hospital.
a. What is the level of work performance of the nurse orientees in terms of duties and functions, recording and work behavior as evaluated by the nurse supervisors?
b. What is the level of work performance of the nurse orientees in terms of duties and functions, recording and work behavior as evaluated by the nurse orientees themselves?
c. Does the perception of the nurse supervisors and the nurse orientees differ according to areas of concern?
d. What factors are associated with the level of work performance?
Context: This study sought to identify the level of work performance of the nurse orintees of Mother Seton Hospital, Naga City during the period of January to September 2002.
Study design: Descriptive evaluative correlational method
Study setting: Mother Seton Hospital, Naga City from January to September 2002.
Study population: This study involved ten (10) nurse supervisors and sixty (60) nurse orientees of Mother Seton Hospital enrolled in the Basic Skills Training program.
Conclusion: The following conclusions were derived namely:
a. The nurse supervisors rated the nurse orientees as very satisfactory ;
b. The nurse orientees rated themselves as very satisfactory ;
c. There was no significant difference on how the two respondents rated the nurse orientees and ;
d. Factors associated with the work performance were age, gender, board rating, and year of graduation, batch training and unit assignment.
|Location||Call Number||Available Format||Availability|
|James O'Brien Library Ateneo de Naga University
||RT82.8 A2 The
|World Wide Web
||External Link (View)
1. "Evaluating patient outcomes" Nursing Outlook 29, 178-181, March 1991
2. "How to take a health history" American Journal of Nursing 77, 1190-1193, July 1997
3. Of becoming a nurse Quezon City: JMC Press, 1989. p. 6.
4. The process of planning nursing care : a model for practice St. Louis: CV Mosby, 1997. (2nd ed.)
5. The law and the expanding nursing role New York: Appleton-Century Crofts, 1995. (2nd ed.)
6. Fundamentals of nursing education curriculum Metro Manila: National Book Store, Inc., 1988.
7. Personnel management : the utilization of human resources Cincinnati, Ohio: South-Western Publishing Co., 1980. 180-183.
8. Towards effective nursing Metro Manila: National Book Store Inc., 1990.
9. "Holistic nursing : how to make it work for you" Nursing Life 1, 40-45, September 1981-October 1981
10. Gordon, M . "The concept of nursing diagnosis" Nursing North America 14, 487-496, September 1999
11. Kozier, B. . Fundamentals of nursing United States: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co.,, 1991. (4th ed.)
12. Arcos, Gloria . The post baccalaureate nurses' training of Albay Provincial Hospital, Legaspi City : its implication to nursing education and practice. 1995. (PhD) University of Saint Anthony,
13. Bailon, Tess . The problems encountered by the nurse trainees of Albay, 1997. 1997. (MA) Aquinas University,
14. Balatan, Cely . The job satisfaction and job performance of medical-surgical nurses of Bicol Region Hospital. 1993. (MA) Colegio de Santa Isabel,
15. Barcia, Emelyn . Correlation between intelligence quotient and academic achievement of mathematics 2nd year students in Albay Division. 1995. (PhD) Bicol University,
16. Bulanon, Emeliano . The reltionship between psychological profile and achievement in mathematics in 4th year students in National and Nationalized High School at Cataingan, Masbate. 1995. (PhD) Bicol University,
17. Catura, Belinda . The role expectations of the Loyalty nurses in three private hospitals of Albay. 1989. (PhD) Aquinas University,
18. Dizon, Rodolfo R. Predictors of academic performance in mathematics subjects of BS Math students in school year 1994-1997 of Ateneo de Naga, Naga City. (MA) Ateneo de Naga University,
19. Villaroman, Manuel B. Effects of supervisory practices on teachers' performance and pupils' achievement. 1994. (MA) University of the Philippines,
20. Gaan, Vicente J. Motivation factors and job performance of resgistered nurses in hospitals of Zamboanga City. 1992. (MA) University of the Philippines,